Saturday, February 24, 2018

I Heart You

Hello everyone 
Welcome to my blog and do you believe it's the last Saturday of the month.

A few weeks ago I showed a card showcasing some crocheted heart lace. If you missed that post, you can check it out here. Well, I had some of that pretty pink crocheted lace left over and decided to make another card.

So here is another card for your viewing pleasure. I know I know, Valentines Day is over, but this card would make a great sweet birthday card or an I Love You card. 

I was wondering what this card would look like, I first thought of a Tic-Tac-Toe design, however, I settled on a 4 corner design because the center was the perfect spot for my bow.

Let me share this card with you


I love the look of the warm pink and red along with the cool silver. This is a 6X6 card and I really like this size. It gives you a nice sized pallet to work with. As I assembled this card I placed the hearts in the corners and decided the bow would look great in the center of the card. That left a spot at the top center that turned out to be perfect for the sentiment. 

The bow - This started out as a triple loop bow and that ribbon is a sheer (my fav) with a satin border. I had a small pink bow with stars, already made and sitting, waiting to be added to a card. This fit perfectly in the center of the main bow. So after stacking the bows together, I attached the bow to the center of the card. I fastened it to a ribbon I had stretched across the front of the card. I used my CDB tool to make both bows.


The Craft-Dee BowZ tool is small, portable, easy to store, easy to transport, easy to use. Are you more of a visual learner?? Me too. There are videos on YouTube that will walk you through the steps to make bows.
You can order one on the Craft-Dee BowZ blog here.
(Look on the left sidebar to place your order)


Believe it or not, I still have 1 more heart from that strip of crocheted hearts. So you may see one more card with that last heart I have.

I am submitting my card to the following challenges:


I hope you’ve enjoyed my project. 
Don't forget the CDB challenge is still going on, you still have time to submit. 
Hope you will link a project to the Craft-Dee BowZ monthly challenge
Just a reminder, the theme every month is always Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow.  

Also, on each Tuesday of the month, 
a different designer will post a new project over on the Craft-Dee BowZ blog to inspire you! 
Stop over there on Tuesday to see what project Gail has designed

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back soon.


1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous. I love the crocheted hearts and colors and that bow is magnificent where you added it too!