Monday, July 1, 2013

Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge for July

Hi Everyone,
This is my second post for today. I always have 2 posts on the first of the month announcing the 2 challenges that I am involved with. If you are looking for my Sparkle N Sprinkle Challenge post, just click here.

This month the challenge over at Craft-Dee BowZ is ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE BOW. That's my favorite theme, it leaves it wide open for anyone who wants to enter the challenge.

Sunday, was the birthday of a wonderful friend of mine. So I made her birthday card and decided to share it with you and all the visitors over on the Craft-Dee BowZ blog.


I decided to make Linda a step card. I used designer paper on the left panel and then I cut a transparency into an oval shape. 


Next I stamped Silhouette Grasses on that transparency with Olive Green Staz-On. I overlayed it onto the DP and then applied a 1/8" tape around the front edge and covered the tape with gold leafing to make a very thin frame. 

Next I cut another oval in blue cs for the back step. I cut a Catalina Wreath using white cs. I added a little color and some glitter and kind of pulled it into an oval shape and attached it to the blue oval.  Linda loves dragonflies so I cut one from vellum, colored it and attached it in that oval. I attached the blue oval to the back step. The front step holds the sentiment and I stamped it in Faded Jeans Distress Ink and I attached that as well. Next I added a small blue panel on the face of the card in front of that sentiment. I embossed it just to add dimension and added glitter for the added visual effect. 


My bow was made using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool, and to finish it off I made a pearl stick pin. 
Well I am taking this card and a gift to Linda this evening.

Tomorrow is the 1st Tuesday for the month and that's my regular monthly post date for Craft-Dee BowZ, so please stop back. I have a interesting project to show you. The theme on our posts at CDB this month is a beach theme, so that's a hint of what you will be seeing.

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty Barbara. Love the gold leafed frame and the bow with the stick pin is gorgeous!

Donna Maligno said...

Wow! I can't believe all the elements you put into one card and made it so cohesive! Love what you did with the vellum overlay - very clever and pretty. And that bow with the stick pin is a crowning touch.

Anne Temple said...

Beautiful step card and love the stick pin added to the bow.

Jean Bullock said...

What beautiful cards. I especially like the gold leaf frame and bow with the stick pin.