Friday, April 26, 2013

For a Grandmother's Shower

Hi Everyone,
Well I have been a little busy.  Last Thursday, Friday and Saturday, I was off giving classes. Sunday, I put all the supplies away and then I got started on making this cute little "brag" book for my best friend, Linda.

I was invited to a grandmother's shower for her, yesterday at a friends home. I don't know about you, but I'd never heard of  a grandmother's shower before. It's a shower for the grandmother, giving her baby gifts that she keeps at her home for when the baby comes to her house to visit. How cool is that.

Well I am not a mom, don't have grand kids nor do I have children, and  here I am off to shop for gifts for the shower. Wrong thing for me to do. LOL.  I bought a loads of things!! LOL. I bought things that were on the mother's registry and I figured Linda could use them at her house as well. Linda thought I bought out the store. LOL

Since this is Linda's first grandchild,  I wanted to make her a little "brag book". So I put together a cute little book that she can write notes in and add pic's. I think this turned out so cute.












Six pages (pockets) and 2  tags to each pocket that open up to allow room for pic's and places to jot down things to remember, etc. I used stickers to adorn the fronts of each pocket. Found some great baby themed patterned card stock paper from Echo Park Paper Co.It's a 6"X 6" paper pad and its called Bundle of Joy.
It is dar-ling!!! The baby is due the first week in June and he is going to be named Jackson. So, I used blues, greens and yellows. I also used lots of ribbon even though the baby is a boy. LOL

Well, I sure hope you enjoyed this darling little tag book I put together.

Tomorrow is the last Saturday of the month and that means I will be at Stamping Buddies for the monthly make and take. I took the samples over to the store Monday, so I will have to take some pic's tomorrow at the store and share with you later.

Have a great weekend and I will be back soon.

x_3dcd3f33 photo x_3dcd3f33_zpsf7fd6331.gif

6 comments:

Shanna Shands said...

That is a wonderful idea. Love the brag book!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a cute idea Barbara. Love the baby masculine look! It just perfect for Jackson's GM's brag book!

Donna Ellis said...

Oh my! Lots of work went into your adorable gift, Miss Barbara. Thanks for showing that the tags actually open, making for even more room to store notes and photos. I like all the ribbons, adornos, and pretties, but the thing that cracked me up was to "goo goo ga ga" LOL TOO CUTE! Very pretty, Barbara! hugs, de

E. Marie said...

Babies bring out the best in us and this sure shows in this lovely project. She will love it!!

Desire Fourie said...

Such a precious little brag book. Love the colours and ribbon.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

April said...

What a wonderful project! I know she will love it. Great job, Barbara!