Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Santa's Stocking

Hi Everyone
Pam, who owns Stamping Buddies, gave me an acrylic Christmas Stocking and asked me to decorate it and bring it back in time for the Christmas open house that will take place this Friday evening 6p.m.-9p.m. She is going to display the stockings from the different instructors who teach at her store.

Now, I've had this stocking for a while and it just wasn't speaking to me. Well, I was over at SB over the weekend and Pam asked me again about the stocking... was it done. No!! Not yet. So I come home and it finally came to me. Alcohol ink it!!

I used alcohol ink - cranberry and gold. I then decided to apply the Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter  from Sparkle N Sprinkle to the top of the stocking. Then I needed to add my name so I used the letters from the Sizzix alphabet that I have in my stash.

I added ribbons and well, here is the end result:


Well I am pleased with the finished project. This stocking is one page of a 5 page acrylic album called Christmas Stocking, by Clear Scraps (scroll down about half way to view this album). Ca-ute!!!

Are you busy decorating and shopping, are you taking pictures of all these events. This would make a cute album showcasing the Christmas season, this year.

Well that's it for now. Thanks for stopping in.



7 comments:

Caroline said...

This is beautiful love the stocking. Caroline xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

That's one sexy stocking Barbara! Love it!

Brenda said...

Love the colors - and the ribbons

Donna Ellis said...

Barbara, FANTASTIC stocking! Wowser. Love the AI, but more, I really like the ribbons and fru-fru near the top - looks spectacular!

Anne Temple said...

This is adorable! Great idea to use alcohol inks on it.

April said...

Great! I love all the bows and ribbons!

E. Marie said...

Lovely stocking. Looks great with the use of the alcohol inks and glitter, plus the beautiful bows.