Monday, December 19, 2011

The Sunday Wrap

Hi Everyone,
Well I spent the better part of my Sunday getting gifts wrapped. I just had to show you something I redid to change it from a takeout bag to a bag that now has a Christmas gift in it.

I'm sure this has happened to us all at one time or another. You buy a gift. It doesn't come in a box and you are stuck trying to figure a way to have this gift make a really beautiful presentation.

OK, here is what I decided to start with. A take out bag from a local restaurant.

This bag is big. It's 12" across X 15 1/2" tall and when it is open it is 9" front to back. Yep it's big!!! So I knew I could use scrap book paper to dress it up and hide the restaurant label on the front and back.



Next I decided to add a bag bonnet to the top, just to give it some added pizzazz. The die I have is from AccuCut and the bonnet is really for a regular size gift bag. However I decided to fold it the opposite way to give me the width I needed for this huge bag. So as I cut the paper out, I kept moving the cut mat so the slit would not be cut. After I cut  the bonnet out I folded it in half long ways and made the slit myself.

Here is the bonnet.
Oh, I used a snowflake embossing folder and added that dimension to the bonnet. And here is the finished project.

 I can't show the bag with the gift in it because the person getting this, reads my blog and she might see it. All I will say is, the gift is so big it hangs out of this big bag and you can tell what the gift is. This bag turned out really nice looking and you'd never know it came from a restaurant. LOL (Maybe I should have used a garbage liner bag. It would have been big enough, however, that wouldn't have any personality. LOL)

I also had to make a lid for a box that came with no lid. Got the box at Target in the $1.00 section and it is cute, but no lid. Stop in tomorrow for a quick peek at how I fixed that, and, to see all the other gifts all wrapped up, and ready for Santa to deliver them.

Counting today, 6 more shopping days. See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very clever Barb. Love the bonnet!

Donna Ellis said...

I've enjoyed decorating bags this year, Barbara, but what a clever way of using gorgeous 12x12 papers and making the gift bag personal! Beautiful idea!

Dee in N.H. said...

What a beautiful bag!! I'm so excited to see a bag bonnet! I have never seen one and it's fabulous! TFS!! Now all my bags are going to need bonnets!

Amanda R said...

Barbara this is the best idea I have seen in a long time and I love how you made the folded oval for over the handle. Brilliant!