Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Box and a Lid and Packages

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I mentioned I had bought a box with no lid at Target, in the $1.00 section. Well here is what I got and what I fixed for the lid. It turned out pretty cute.

(Where was my brain. LOL I didn't think to take a pic of the box before I added the lid so you will see the gift tag on the side in some of the pic's.)

Here is the box, I just thought this was adorable and knew I could use it this season. But alas NO LID.


Here is the lid I designed. I had a cute Sizzix die from a few years ago and thought it would be perfect on the lid.


Here is a shot of the box with the lid. Doesn't that die cut snowman look great with the ones on the box??!!


I tucked the back part of the lid to the inside and I think it gives it a clean look and it is now hinged.

Here is the box with the lid up.


This turned out to be a easy project and my shimmer paper matches that purple on the box pretty close.

Here are a few of the gifts that I got wrapped Sunday. There is another bag that got changed to a holiday bag and boxes and bows and .......


well that is enough for now. I will be back tomorrow with my usual Wednesday post showing another Art Impressions creation. I still have a few gifts to wrap and I need to make money holders, so, I am still busy and those elves haven't showed up yet to help me. Dang, I wonder when they will finally get here. LOL

Hope to see you tomorrow.



2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Your snowman box is DARLING! Such bright colors, and lots of sparkle. The lid is perfect with its hinge. Great job! Thanks for reminding us that whether that box is new - or old - we can repurpose!

NanaConnie said...

Wonderfully done, Barbara! Very clever. Love how you change bags into holiday bags. Such great inspiration! Thanks.