Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Voice of the Sea

Hi Stampers,
With summer winding down I thought I'd better use set 404 Ocean Treasures before it was too late for the summer season. This card was made for my monthly club meeting. We were all given a cute little fun foam shape, and I got the star fish. I knew it would make a great addition to a card using the stamps from Ocean Treasures from Sparkle N Sprinkle.


I used a border die and cut 2 borders and attached them together  to make a wide side border. Then I added small seashells down the center of that border. I also used a portion of the die to add a wave effect using 2 colors of blue CS . I stamped the seashells & colored with Copic Markers . Next I added a sun made from a small rosette and positioned the sentiment on top. After attaching  a few rays to the sun this card is finished.This set would be perfect for a scrapbook layout as well.

I will be back tomorrow with an Art Impressions card. Hope to see you then.

Thanks for stopping in today,

2 comments:

Karin said...

This is so lovely! The rosette for the sun is genius and I love how the row of real shells echo the line of stamped ones...Great card!

Donna Ellis said...

These colors and textures (made with the punches) are perfectly befitting a day at the beach! Love the sun - it's a wonderful application for the rosette!