Thursday, July 21, 2011

Love

Hi Everyone!!

Hope you are having a great week!!

Today, I wanted to share with you a card that I designed as my take on  the Art Impressions Challenge this week. The card is really clean and simple, (IMHO) with stitching added to the card. I had added a decorative stitch to the card but after really looking at the card,  I decided the white thread might not show up so I added a straight stitch in a different color thread to the border as well.






This close up of a corner gives you a better view of that decorative stitch I used. I think you will agree that since that stitch is in white thread,  it was not showing up as well.So, adding stitching in another color did the trick, it shows better in the photo.I am sure the recipient will see the white stitching without a problem.

Sewing on your card is a great way to add additional interest. And if you are worried abut your machine, don't be. Sewing on card stock or paper will not hurt your machine, in the least. It will probably dull your needle, so, just reserve a needle just for paper projects.



Recipe:
Stamps: E2548 Love, M2005 Long Stemmed Rose
Markers: Copic - RV21, YR61, YG03, BG96
Ink: Fresco Wine, India Ink
Paper: My Mind's Eye - Totally Girl, Petallics - Pink CS
Spellbinders Die: S4-218 Lattice

OK ladies, get out your sewing machine and add some stitching to your cards and submit a card to this weeks challenge.Each week one lucky winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to the AI Store. The theme this week is stitching, real or faux.

That's all for now, Have a great day.

1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful card, Barbara! Love the soft colors. Roses are one of my favorite images. Thanks for a delightful treat!