Monday, November 29, 2010

MMSC81

 It's time for another Midnight Madness post. Here is the challenge for this week.



And here is my design based on the sketch.


Items used:
Cardstock - PopTones
Designer Paper - K & Company
Punch - Martha Stewart
Embossing Folder - Swirls
Flower & Swirl - ippity stamps (Now & Always set IPK-117)
Flower Center - Cuttlebug Quilled Chrysanthemum
Embellishment - Self Adhesive Rhinestones
Inks: Distress Ink- Peeled Paint; Fresco -Vatican Wine

This was fun to make and I decided to use some items that I haven't used in a while. I thought the Quilled Chrysanthemum  would be a great addition to the stamped flower center. Also I haven't used some of my embossing folders in a while so I thought the swirls went well with that swirly leaf stamp. Since I stamped the swirly leaf stamp on watercolor paper, after I cut the image out, I wet the paper and let the stamp lose a lot of its definition. I used Vatican Wine from Fresco on the flower. I just love all the Fresco inks. They give an old world flavor to the colors. I will stamp some things up later to show you the fabulous colors you get with these inks.They are a chalk finish dye ink, and I use them well over 50% of the time.

Well that is it for now. Thanks so much for stopping by, see you soon.

Barbara


3 comments:

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Lovely card! Love the strong color that really make your flower a focalpoint!

Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge. We really appriciate your support and hope to see you again next week.

Mvh
Gunn
Midnight Madness Design Team

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Barbara - isnt it a great feeling to use supplies you haven't for a while - and it was so worth it - this is fabulous! I love that flower and all of the texture - Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a lovely floral card. I simply love your wonderful design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT