Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch

Hi Everyone,
Look what I found in my studio today, a Pumpkin Patch. Aren't these too cool. I guess I am in the mood for the next season, autumn. This has been such a hot summer. Today it is the perfect temperature, 70 degrees and very low humidity. My kind of summer. I think days like this gets us ready for fall. I am ready, so bring it on.

OK back to the pumpkins. These are so cute and I made a few different ones to capture different looks.







The one on the far right (above picture) with the swirls, has ink applied direct to paper and swirls were stamped using a Lost Coast stamp.Here is a closer picture.









Next I decided to make a pumpkin and create a glitter effect. So I created my own glitter paper and this turned out great!!

This pumpkin was embossed with a Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Swirls, and colored with a Copic marker. Next I covered the whole pumpkin with VersaMark and them applied Shimmer Embossing Powder and heated it. I applied another coat of VersaMark and embossing powder to deepen the effect.











I did the same with this pumpkin but colored the reverse to get a totally different visual effect.This look is great as well.
Those leaves are from the same die as the pumpkin and I used alcohol ink to color them and then glittered them up using the glitter paper method. Glittering the leaves covers so much of the alcohol ink effect. You still see the colors but you lose the great visual effects from the alcohol ink technique. Of course its all in the look you are trying to achieve.













With this last pumpkin I made, I used paintable wallpaper. I colored it again with a Copic marker and then applied the VersaMark and the embossing powder,the end result is just as striking.







Here are 2 more pictures to try to let you see all the glitter.


















These pictures do not do justice to these pumpkins at all.I think glittered items are hard to photograph.The pumpkin and the leaves are from a die from Accucut. Love their dies.

Well that's it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,

Barbara




3 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

They are all fantastic barb. So many techniques here, you have been a busy girl. I must say that Lost Coast stamp is incredible.

Angie

DeeDeeMaligno said...

Barb,
I LOOOOOOOOVE THESE PUMPKINS!!
DeeDee

Donna said...

Your pumpkins are fantastic! It's hard to choose a favorite, but I like the the CB embossed, glitter pumpkin because of the beautiful coloring combined with the glitter! Great dies, too!