Sunday, February 14, 2010

Flower Cards make me long for springtime

I just looked at the weather for the latest update in the greater Cincinnati area and we are getting more snow. I can't wait. (Just kidding:) ) This has been the snowiest winter in a long time. However as a kid in grade school and early high school I remember winters like this one. We used to go ice skating on the local ponds at night and to keep warm we built bonfires. I loved to skate and and go sledding and loved the winters.


Since I have gotten older I really don't enjoy the cold anymore. I will be so happy to see spring come along, unfortunately it just isn't getting here fast enough. So I thought I'd make a few cards with flowers to see if that might entice spring to get here sooner.


Maybe we need a spring dance, you know, like a rain dance. Now, if only I can find someone to teach me that dance.


In the meantime, here are the cards I made today. Hope these help you thru the winter blahs.


The flower on the first card is one I made using newspaper and spraying the newspaper using glimmer mist. I cut the paper into 4" circles and made flowers. These are so pretty and easy to make. I also used one of my Spellbinder Pendent dies to add more interest to the card. Next I used my Scor-Pal to score the card and wella, the card is done.


The second card is similar to the first card using the scoring technique. But the flower is another Spellbinder die. I really love their dies and use them on a lot of my card projects.


101_1243   101_1244


Well that is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon.


Stay warm


Barbara  



  



No comments: